600 Old Country Rd - Suite 315 - Garden City, NY 11530 paula@jpdtaxservices.com

What to Bring . . .

Dealing with taxes is not fun but we do try to make it painless!

Not sure what to bring to your next tax appointment?

Personal Information: 

  •    Prior year tax return(s)
  •    Driver’s license
  •    Date of birth and social security cards for all dependents

Health Care – Form 1095-A, B or C to show proof of health insurance coverage for self and all dependents

  • * if an HSA distribution was taken – medical receipts for usage
  • * proof of premiums paid, if not through employer

Income –

  •   W-2, 1099, 1098 and K-1 statements

(if you received Unemployment Income, you must log on to get your 1099-G

https://applications.labor.ny.gov/IndividualReg/ )

  •   Self employed – gross income received and expenses listed by category (we can provide a template)

(if use your home as an office, bring utility expenses, home improvements, direct office repairs, etc)

  •   Rental Property- gross rent received and expenses listed by category (we can provide a template)

(if a new property, bring closing papers/ purchase information)

  •   Gambling winnings – statements of wins and losses
  •   Investments – Brokerage statements, purchase date and price for any sales and any related expenses

(cost basis information is not always provided on tax statements and is not always correct)


  •   Home ownership – Mortgage interest statement and Real Estate taxes paid
  •   Estimated tax payments made
  •   Sales tax paid on big items (i.e. a new vehicle)
  •   Charity – records of cash and non-cash donations to religious organizations or other charities
  •   Unreimbursed job expenses – travel, cell phone, tools, uniform cost/clean, trade journals, continuing education/seminars, professional fees, meals & entertainment, job search, business use of home expenses

Childcare – Provider’s name, address, EIN and amount paid for the calendar year

Retirement – records of any IRA or other retirement contributions made

Education related expenses – Tuition and higher education expenses (Form 1098-T)

NY College 529 contributions

Residential Energy Credit – Qualifying properties are solar electric property, solar water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, small wind turbines, fuel cell property, and qualified biomass fuel property expenditures

Scroll to Top
The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.